Part I Application Process
- A completed online application form which includes your statement of interest. Your written statement of interest will explain why you are interested in participating in undergraduate research and what you feel you will gain from the experience. Also, discuss your interest in science and the qualities you possess that will make you a good researcher. You will also be ask to identify four faculty whose research field match your interests.
- To be uploaded along with the online form. A 1-page resume with a history of all your work and laboratory experience. Please be sure to include any lab- or coursework that you feel is relevant. An unofficial transcript that includes your Winter Quarter schedule.
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty advisor, course instructor, TA or employer (one who is familiar with your scientific skills). All letters must be submitted online by the letter writer and are due by the application deadline.
Part II Application Process
A letter of recommendation from a faculty advisor, course instructor, TA or employer (one who is familiar with your scientific skills). One letter of recommendation is required but up to two may be submitted. All letters must be submitted online by the letter writer and are due by the application deadline.
Please provide your letter writers with the following link:
Part III - Application Process (after selection)
To be completed after you have been selected for the program
- A 1-page project proposal that you have arranged with your research sponsor. The proposal should include:
- Background information about the research area
- A specific discussion of the activities you will be doing in your research project
- A letter of support from your research sponsor indicating their support of your project. Your lab mentor should also be identified in this letter.
All Materials Must Be Submitted To
Samantha Davis, PhD
Phone: (805) 893-7472
Note: ALL correspondence with applicants will be via email, including award decisions.